Saturday 30 July 2011

Heart of worship

A poem I wrote mainly to thank God for his endless grcae and favour.

When the world comes
crashing in on me
I turn to you Lord
and I find refuge.

When the pains of living
envelopes my thinking
I cry to you Lord
and you grant me solace.

When the wind of peace
sweeps my heart
I dance to you Lord
and you seal my peace.

Yet I have smeared your name
and seeked others
I run from you Lord
yet you draw me near.

Why then should my heart not sing
for only a man like you seeks no perfection in me
But purifies my heart daily
because you know I love you.

Slowly I have staggered out of your prescence
yet your endless grace finds me
your truth radiates and gives life
with my voice I will sing out and say
with a heart of worship I come to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment